10 Foods To Increase Bone Strength
The entire structure of our body is due to the bones hence there is a need to maintain their proper health apart from which these bones are known to provide protection to the body organs. For the body to maintain proper posture it is necessary that the bones need proper strength also they have to remain healthy to withstand any problems.
For those who plan to increase their bone strength is suggested to consume foods which have some important nutrients like Phosphorus, beta-carotene, Magnesium, Calcium, Minerals, proteins, Vitamins and fiber. There is a huge list of foods which are known to help in strengthening of bones and keeping them healthy along with which they are known to help in lessening any risk of joint pains, arthritis and several other problems.
For those who want to retain strength in bones will have to carefully plan each part of their diet for which it is also necessary to eat right food which will help in building better bone mass and density irrespective of the age.
We have come up with the top 10 such foods which are known to have all the necessary nutrients and increase bone strength:
- Salmon: Calcium, Omega-3 fatty acids, Vitamin D and protein present in this fatty fish are known to help in boosting bone health also both Omega-e and Vitamin D in this type of fatty fish is known to help the body in absorbing calcium. Including salmon in daily diet is known to help bone density and accumulation apart from this it is also known to be good for heart health. There are various methods in which this fish can be prepared for consumption which includes grilled, baked or poached methods also making it part of various other dishes.
- Milk: This undoubtedly is one such food in which calcium can be found in abundance but this does not restrict it from only consisting one nutrient instead is supported by several other nutrients which are Magnesium, Potassium, Vitamins A, D and B12 along with Phosphorus and Riboflavin which are known to play key role in maintaining bone health. For an adult it is suggested to go with two glasses of milk on daily basis but kids and teenagers should drink even more milk which can be chosen from among skimmed, low fat and whole milk. Those who find milk taste annoying can mix it with other ingredients to make smoothie.
- Cheese: Cheese being a product of milk has rich presence of nutrients like Calcium, vitamins A, D, B12, Riboflavin, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium and Protein all of which are necessary to maintain bones strength. Those who are sensitive to lactose in milk can choose cheese instead of it since they are known to have lesser lactose content and regular consumption of this cheese in smaller amounts is known to help the body with healthy bones. There are several varients of Cheese available in the market include Swiss, Goat Cheese, Cottage cheese, Parmesan, Mozzarella, Swiss and Cheddar cheese.
- Yogurt: In order to fulfill the requirement of our body for calcium it is said that only one cup of yogurt is sufficient apart from which it also has Vitamins A, D, B12, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Protein and Riboflavin. For stronger bones it is suggested to not go with Greek Yogurt since they have higher protein content but have lesser calcium and Vitamin D when compared to traditional yogurts.
- Sesame Seeds: They are available throughout the year hence it is easy to include them in diet due to their nutty taste and nutrients include Phosphorus, Magnesium, Calcium, Vitamin D and Vitamin K. Suggested quantity of these sesame seeds is one fourth cup which can be taken either in dried or roasted form also they can be sprinkled over vegetables or even made to be part of salads. If the seeds are not tasty enough to tingle your taste buds they can be made into butter which when accompanied with flaxseeds work wonders for the body.
- Collard Greens: Sufficient amount of calcium present in these green vegetables supported by Omega-3 fatty acids, Magnesium and Vitamin K are known to help in bone strengthening at the same time they are known to fight against cancer, diabetes and bacteria. One cup of this cooked greens are sufficient to fill one fourth of the calcium requirement by body and best method to consume these greens is to steam them with fresh onion and garlic and can also be consumed in soup and salad forms.
- Spinach: This is one of the vegetables which are easily found to have higher presence of calcium along with Iron, Fiber, Magnesium, Potassium and Vitamin A, C. One cup of cooked spinach is sufficient to provide sufficient calcium to the body, this vegetable can be eaten in any form as per each individual’s taste additionally it also makes great addition to salads and sandwiches. For better bone health it can be supported by other foods like Cabbage, Broccoli, Cauliflower and Kale.
- White Beans: Sufficient amount of calcium, Fiber, Magnesium, Potassium, Phosphorus and fat free protein are available in these white beans which are necessary to add strength to the bones. Healthy strong bones can be developed by including one cup of these cooked beans in diet daily, which can be taken in any form like salads, soups, casseroles or baked.
- Tofu: Healthy and strong bones can be attained by isoflavones which is known to plant based chemical along with calcium, half cup of this tofu is known to have 800 milligrams of calcium. To meet the calcium requirement of body it is suggested to go with soy products and tofu on daily basis. Also tofu is most chosen by those who are allergic to lactose present in milk, also making it best choice for bones which can be taken in any form that is either plain or cooked one.
- Sardines: one other source of calcium and Vitamin is sardines which have equal quantity of calcium and Vitamin D quite like milk and other dairy products. Best way to enjoy sardines is to eat it from can which can be added to pizza, mashed dish or in salads also for their perishable nature. Sardines are known to have sufficient amount of omega-3 fatty acids, Vitamin B12 and Phosphorus, these fishes are also known to be found in fresh form making it easy to use in salads and sauces.
In order to benefit the body from getting calcium it is suggested to eat salt and ensure exposure of body to sun to get sufficient amount of Vitamin D also helping in taking part in active physical activity.