Andrea’s Pasta e Fagioli2012-05-27
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
This is a recipe I adapted from my grandmother’s. This warm and comforting soup is easy to make and perfect for a Sunday evening with crusty ciabatta.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, quartered then halved
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (700g) jar passata
- 1.2L (2 pints 2 fl oz) water
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley, or 1 tablespoon dried
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil, or 1 tablespoon dried
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped oregano, or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (400g) tin cannellini beans, drained
- 1 (400g) tin haricot beans, drained
- 30g (1 oz) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (500g) packet macaroni pasta
- In a large stockpot over medium heat, cook onion in olive oil until translucent. Stir in garlic and cook until soft.
- Reduce heat and stir in passata, water, parsley, basil, oregano, salt, cannellini beans, haricot beans and Parmesan. Simmer 1 hour.
- Cook macaroni according to packet instructions; drain. Stir into soup.