- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
I love Badam Milk! Delicately flavored with cardamom, the nuts in this chilled, cooling drink don’t just make it tasty, they pack a mighty nutritious punch too! I often make it for my son… he enjoys it just as much as me. Cold Badam Milk is a great summer cooler but if you use warm milk to make it, it’s a great winter drink too! This recipe makes roughly 4 glasses of Badam Milk.
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup pistachios
- 3 cups chilled/ warm milk
- Sugar to taste
- 2/3 tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tbsps kewra essence (available at Indian groceries) – optional
- 2 tsps rose water
- Grind the almonds and pistachios to a smooth paste in your food processor. Add a little milk to do this. A lot of people like to remove the skin from the almonds before grinding them. I don’t do this as the skin contains many nutrients. You can do it if you wish, by soaking the almonds in hot water for 5 minutes. When soaked, press the almonds between your thumb and index finger. The skin will slip off quite easily.
- Add the milk, sugar, cardamom powder, kewra essence (if using) and rose water. Blend well.
- Serve chilled/ warm in a tall glass.