Baked banana french toast2012-05-06
- Skill Level: Medium
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
I think French toast and bananas are a perfect pair. For a real American-style brunch, garnish with fresh strawberries, a sprinkle of icing sugar and drizzle of maple syrup.
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 8 slices white bread
- 110ml (4 fl oz) semi-skimmed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4. Lightly grease a cast iron or other ovenproof frying pan with vegetable oil and heat over medium heat.
- Spread mashed banana on top of 4 slices of bread. Place remaining four slices on top.
- In a bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, vanilla and cinnamon. Dip bread in egg mixture for 45 seconds on each side then place in frying pan.
- Cook bread for two minutes on each side and then bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes, until golden. If you don’t have an ovenproof pan, bake on an ungreased baking tray. Serve immediately.