Barbados Chicken Fillets with Mango Chutney2013-03-10
- Servings : 6-8
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 T. crushed garlic
- 1 large onion, minced in a food processor
- 3 shallots minced in a food processor
- 1 t. habanera pepper paste
- 1 T. ground thyme
- 2 t. ground allspice
- 1 T. crushed ginger
- ½ cup mild molasses
- ¾ cup dark rum
- 2 T. honey
- ½ cup orange juice
- juice of 1 lime
For the Mango Salsa:
- 1 mango, cut into cubes
- 2 Tbs chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice from 1 lime
- Pound chicken breasts lightly with a wooden mallet, until they are about 2/3 their original thickness. Don’t pound too hard or they might fall apart.
- Combine all the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Cover chicken with marinade. Marinate chicken for 4 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade and boil marinade for at least 3 minutes.
- Grill over direct flames turning three times and pouring marinade on chicken each time it is turned.
- Make the salsa by combining the mango, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro, and lime juice. Serve the salsa over the chicken.