Beef and Broccoli Bowl2013-01-11
This stir-fry was a hit, and several tasters even went back for seconds. A flavorful sweet-salty sauce helps make the veggie-packed dish (four cups’ worth) easy to love
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) bag boil-in-bag long-grain rice
- 1/4 cup lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 (12-ounce) boneless sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1. Cook rice according to the package directions.
- 2. Combine soy sauce, cornstarch, and hoisin in a medium bowl. Add beef; toss to coat. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Remove beef, reserving marinade. Add beef to pan; cook 2 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Remove beef from pan. Add broccoli and next 4 ingredients (through sesame oil) to pan; cook 4 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Add reserved marinade to pan; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute. Add beef to pan; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with green onions. Serve over rice.