Beef Skewers with Coriander and Cashew Pilaf2013-01-18
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
Spicy kebabs taste delicious on a bed of crunchy rice pilaf.
- You’ll need 12 x 15cm long bamboo skewers
- 1 1/3 cups rice
- 1kg diced beef (such as topside)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pepper steak seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 lemon, rind grated, juiced
- 2/3 cup roasted cashew nuts roughly chopped
- 2/3 cup coriander, chopped
Soak bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes. Drain. Cook rice following absorption method on packet.
Place beef into a bowl with pepper steak seasoning. Toss to combine. Thread beef onto skewers.Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes, or until soft. Add cooked rice, lemon rind, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, cashews and coriander. Toss to combine. Season with salt.
Meanwhile, heat a frying pan, chargrill or barbecue plate over high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining 2 teaspoons of oil. Add beef skewers. Cook for 3 minutes each side. Serve with pilaf.