Beef Tenderloin Lollipops2012-12-17
Bite-sized beef cubes are easy to pop in your mouth as you mingle at parties. The sweet caramelized onion and salty blue cheese add unforgettable taste.
- 3 large onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoonsÂ olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter,Â divided
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (2 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoonÂ salt
- 1/4 teaspoonÂ pepper
- 2 cupsÂ (8 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onions in oil and 1 tablespoon butter until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Meanwhile, cut roast into 1-1/2-in. cubes; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown beef in batches in remaining butter.
- Transfer beef to an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; top with onions and blue cheese. Bake at 350Â° for 8-10 minutes or until beef reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145Â°; medium, 160Â°; well-done, 170Â°). Insert skewers into appetizers.