Bird’s Nest Eggs2013-03-26
Crack into this recipe for Easter treats to get the kids hopping happy!
- 200g milk or dark chocolate melts, melted (see note)
- 100g red glace cherries, quartered
- 2 tablespoons pistachio kernels, chopped
- 2 tablespoons roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows, roughly chopped
- 200g milk chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 8 mini chocolate Easter eggs
Using the back of a spoon or a small paintbrush, coat 8 holes of an 8cm x 6cm (1/4 cup-capacity) egg-shaped mould with melted melts, reserving 1 tablespoon chocolate. Refrigerate moulds for 20 minutes or until set.
Combine cherries, pistachios, peanuts, marshmallows, milk chocolate and 2 tablespoons coconut in a bowl. Spoon mixture into moulds, pressing lightly with back of spoon. Top with remaining coconut. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
Carefully remove eggs from moulds. Use reserved chocolate to attach mini eggs to tops. Serve.
Melting chocolate: To melt chocolate, place in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high (100%) for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring with a metal spoon every 30 seconds, or until melted and smooth