Broccoli and Crispy Prosciutto with a Creamy Dressing2012-12-25
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
This tasty recipe only takes ten minutes kitchen time and can hold its own as a light dinner or a satisfying starter.
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tbsp creme fraiche
- 2 shallots, very finely chopped
- 1 tbsp capers, roughly chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the broccoli
- 400 g Tenderstem broccoli
- 12 slices prosciutto
Preheat the grill to hot. Make the dressing by whisking all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
2. Plunge the broccoli into boiling water and blanch for 4-5 minutes until it is tender but with a little ‘bite’. Drain well and divide between individual heatproof dishes, or arrange in a large baking dish.
3. Lay the slices of prosciutto over the broccoli, ribboning and folding it a little so it looks pretty and a little rustic. Slide under the hot grill and cook for 2-3 minutes until the prosciutto starts to turn crispy.
4. Drizzle over the dressing and eat immediately, served with warm bread to soak up the juices.