Broccoli and Crispy Prosciutto with a Creamy Dressing2012-12-25
This tasty recipe only takes ten minutes kitchen time and can hold its own as a light dinner or a satisfying starter.
For the dressing
- 3 tbspÂ extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp sherryÂ vinegar
- 1 tbspÂ Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp clearÂ honey
- 1 tbspÂ creme fraiche
- 2Â shallots, very finely chopped
- 1 tbspÂ capers, roughly chopped
- Salt and freshly groundÂ black pepper
For the broccoli
- 400 g TenderstemÂ broccoli
- 12 slicesÂ prosciutto
Preheat the grill to hot. Make the dressing by whisking all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
2. Plunge the broccoli into boiling water and blanch for 4-5 minutes until it is tender but with a little âbiteâ. Drain well and divide between individual heatproof dishes, or arrange in a large baking dish.
3. Lay the slices of prosciutto over the broccoli, ribboning and folding it a little so it looks pretty and a little rustic. Slide under the hot grill and cook for 2-3 minutes until the prosciutto starts to turn crispy.
4. Drizzle over the dressing and eat immediately, served with warm bread to soak up the juices.