Butter Spinach Chicken2013-01-18
This mild Indian butter chicken curry is kid friendly and fantastically fragrant.
- Olive oil spray
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbs tandoori paste
- 600g chicken breast fillets, excess fat trimmed, cut into 2cm pieces
- 400g can no-added-salt chopped tomatoes
- 125ml (1/2 cup) chicken stock
- 55g (1/3 cup) cashews, finely chopped
- 70g (1/4 cup) natural yoghurt
- 75g baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups steamed basmati rice
- Chopped cucumber, to serve
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Pappadums, to serve
Heat a wok over medium-high heat. Spray with oil. Cook onion, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until golden. Add the tandoori paste and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until aromatic.
Add the chicken and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until browned. Stir in tomato and stock. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Add the cashew and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until sauce thickens. Stir in the yoghurt and spinach. Divide the rice and chicken mixture among serving plates. Top with cucumber and coriander. Serve with pappadums.