Cajun Steak Sandwich with Sweet Potato Fries2013-06-16
Skillet-cooked steak covered in Cajun seasoning makes a great sandwich when topped with a ketchup-and-molasses mayo. Heat up a bag of frozen sweet potato fries for a speedy side dish.
- 20 ounceÂ package frozen sweet potato fries
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 8 ouncesÂ trimmed ribeye steaks or boneless beef top steak, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 3 teaspoonsÂ Cajun or blackening seasoning
- 1/4 cupÂ mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoonÂ ketchup
- 1 teaspoonÂ molasses
- 2 ciabatta rolls, split and toasted
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Sliced green onion (optional)
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Spread sweet potato fries in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cut steaks in half crosswise. Coat both sides of steaks with 1-1/2 teaspoons of the seasoning. Heat a cast-iron or heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Cook steaks in hot skillet for 3 to 5 minutes on each side.
3. In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, ketchup, molasses, and remaining seasoning.
4. Place one steak portion on each roll half. Top with some of the sauce, tomato slices, and green onion slices. Serve remaining sauce with fries.