A South African-inspired salad recipe â€¨in honour of the World Cup hosts!
- 1tbsp oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1tbsp garam masala
- 1tbsp soft brown sugar
- 5 large tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 400g tin cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 4tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan then cook the onion and peppers until soft, around 15 minutes. Meanwhile, steam â€¨the cauliflower until just tender but still retaining some bite. Refresh under cold running water and leave to drain.
- Now add the garam masala and sugar â€¨to the peppers and cook through for a â€¨few minutes. Add the tomatoes, turn down the heat and let it cook for 15 minutes. The tomatoes will make the sauce for the salad. If they are under-ripe, add a little water.
- Once it’s cooked, transfer to a large bowl and add the beans and cauliflower. Season. You may need a squeeze of lemon juice. Once cold, add the coriander and serve.