A South African-inspired salad recipe in honour of the World Cup hosts!
- 1tbsp oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1tbsp garam masala
- 1tbsp soft brown sugar
- 5 large tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 400g tin cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 4tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan then cook the onion and peppers until soft, around 15 minutes. Meanwhile, steam the cauliflower until just tender but still retaining some bite. Refresh under cold running water and leave to drain.
- Now add the garam masala and sugar to the peppers and cook through for a few minutes. Add the tomatoes, turn down the heat and let it cook for 15 minutes. The tomatoes will make the sauce for the salad. If they are under-ripe, add a little water.
- Once it’s cooked, transfer to a large bowl and add the beans and cauliflower. Season. You may need a squeeze of lemon juice. Once cold, add the coriander and serve.