Cheesy Chicken Omelet2012-11-01
Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Who cares! They taste great together in this big, flavor-packed omelet.
- 3 large eggs
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 Tablespoons leftover chicken – chopped
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 and 1/2 Tablespoons tomato – chopped
- 1 Tablespoon bell pepper – chopped
- 1 clove of garlic – minced
- 1 green onion – chopped
- 1 Tablespoon ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper – to taste
In a skillet over medium high heat, cook bacon until crisp. Crumble, set aside.
Melt butter in an omelette pan over medium heat and saute vegetables, about 2 minutes. Beat eggs; season with salt and pepper and pour into the pan, covering the vegetables. Place a lid over the pan.
In a small bowl, combine bacon, chicken, and ranch dressing. Stir well to coat.
Once the omelette has set and puffed slightly, carefully flip.
Spread the chicken and bacon mixture over the omelette, sprinkle cheese on top, followed by the chopped tomato. Turn off heat and cover with a lid, allowing the cheese to melt.
Lift the lid, fold omelette in half, cut into two wedges and serve.