- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast (cut up into 2â€³ pieces)
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil (divided in half)
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 cup Onion (chopped and divided)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (chopped and divided)
- 1 tsp Oregano (dried)
- 1 cup White Wine
- 1/2 cup Whipping Cream (or Half and Half)
- 1/2 cup +1 tsp Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- 1 lb Fettuccine or Linguine
- 1 tsp Pepper (ground)
- 2 tsp Parsley flakes (dried)
PlaceÂ 6 quarts of water in a large pot and bring to a boil.Â Add salt and pasta and cook until done.
While water is coming to a boil, heatÂ a large skillet over medium heat.Â Add 2 tsp olive oil, 1/4 cup onion, 1/2 garlic and red pepper flakes.
AddÂ chicken pieces to skilletÂ and saute until done (about 4 minutes)Â Remove chicken.
Add remaining oil, onion and garlic to skillet and saute about 1 minute.Â Add white wine (take skillet off stove while adding the wine to prevent fire) and continue to cook over medium heat until reduced in half (about 5 minutes).
Â Lower heat to simmer and add cream(milk) and parmesan cheese.Â Stir until thickened (about 2 minutes) Add parsley flakes and stir.
Drain pasta and reserve 1 cup of pasta water in case you need it.Â Add pasta to sauce and mix. (If pasta is too thick at this point add the reserved pasta water) Place all but a few pieces of chicken in the pasta.
Pour pasta into a serving bowl, place remaining chicken on top.
Sprinkle with remaining cheese and some parsley.