Chicken and Pasta in Peanut Sauce2013-06-19
Savory-sweet peanut sauce transforms regular spaghetti into a quick and simple Asian-inspired dish, with a little help from chicken, red pepper, and broccolini.
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut in 2-inch lengths
- 1 medium red sweet pepper, cut in bite-size strips
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup bottled peanut sauce
- Crushed red pepper (optional)
1. In Dutch oven cook pasta according to package directions, adding broccolini and sweet pepper during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain. Return to Dutch oven and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, halve chicken breasts horizontally. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In extra large skillet cook chicken in hot oil over medium-high heat for 2 minutes each side, or until no longer pink (170 degrees F). Transfer to cutting board. Slice chicken; add to pasta and vegetables. Heat through. Add peanut sauce. Pass crushed red pepper.