Chicken BLT Salad2013-06-28
This salad has all the elements of a classic BLT with the addition of pan-fried chicken.
- Cooking Oil spray
- 500g single chicken breast fillets, halved horizontally
- 4 lean bacon rashers, excess fat trimmed, cut into thirds
- 1 baby cos lettuce, leaves separated, washed, dried
- 3 vine-ripened tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 1/2 avocado, halved, stone removed, peeled, thinly sliced
- 80ml (1/3 cup) caesar salad dressing
Spray a large non-stick frying pan with olive oil spray to lightly grease. Heat over medium-high heat. Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper. Add to the pan and cook for 3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Thickly slice the chicken across the grain.
Add the bacon to the pan and cook for 4 minutes or until crisp.
Divide the lettuce, tomato, avocado, chicken and bacon among serving bowls. Drizzle over the dressing. Serve immediately.