Chicken Curry Skillet with Rice Noodles2013-06-21
A unique fusion of slightly sweet coconut milk, curry paste, and salty fish sauce makes a scrumptious sauce for this skillet dinner. A sprinkling of basil adds freshness.
- 8 ounces wide rice noodles, broken
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 16 ounce package frozen green bean or sugar snap pea stir-fry vegetables, thawed
- 1 14 ounce can unsweetened lite coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh basil
1. Soak rice noodles according to package directions; drain.
2. In a 12-inch skillet, cook chicken in hot oil over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is longer pink, adding stir-fry vegetables for the last 4 minutes of cooking. Remove chicken mixture from skillet.
3. In the same skillet, combine coconut milk, water, sugar, fish sauce, curry paste, salt, and black pepper. Bring to boiling. Stir in rice noodles and chicken mixture. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 2 minutes or until noodles are tender but still firm and sauce is thickened. Sprinkle with basil.