- 1/2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 16 slices pepperoni, chopped plus more for garnish (I used turkey pepperoni)
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce (canned or homemade) For the homemade follow the link http://pikachakula.com/recipe/tomato-marinara-sauce
- 2 tbs. basil, chopped
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken breasts (If thick, I cut mine in half for faster cooking time)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cupÂ mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. Heat a sauce pan on medium-high heat. Spray the pan with cooking spray. Add the the garlic and pepperoni and cook for 2 minutes until the garlic begins to brown. Add the oregano and stir. Add the tomato sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
2. Heat a large oven-safe skillet on medium-high heat. Add the olive oil. Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with some salt and pepper. Cook the chicken on each side about 3-5 minutes until the chicken is cooked thoroughly. Spoon the sauce on top of the chicken. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the chicken. Add additional slices of pepperoni on top. Broil for 2 minutes until the cheese melts. Garnish with the basil. Serve with pasta or veggies!