Meaty, cheesy, and delicious—kids will love this comforting dinner of Chili-Cheese Mac. But, that’s not all, parents will love it too–it’s quick.
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3/4 pound ground round beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups fat-free, lower-sodium beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 (10-ounce) can mild diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 4 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 4 1/2 ounces finely shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1. Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add oil. Add beef and next 4 ingredients; cook 3 minutes. Add broth, water, and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Stir in macaroni; cover and cook 10 minutes or until macaroni is done.
- 2. Heat milk and cream cheese in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook 4 minutes or until cheese melts, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Stir in cheddar. Add cheese sauce to macaroni mixture; toss well to coat.