Chilled Chocolate Slice2012-08-21
Chocolate and crushed biscuits combined together, chilled and cut into cubes. Yummy chocolaty bites ready in a jiffy.
- 175 gm unsalted butter
- 150 gm good quality plain chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 250 gm digestive biscuits or graham crackers
- 100 gm walnuts, chopped
- 200 gm raisins
- Put the butter and chocolate in a small pan and heat gently until the butter and chocolate have melted. Leave to cool.
- Crush the biscuits to make fine crumbs. The easiest way to do this is to put them in a polythene bag and then crush them with a rolling pin.
- Place the biscuit crumbs, the melted butter and the remaining ingredients in a bowl, and mix thoroughly.
- Spread the mixture into an oiled tin or flat dish (such as an 8 x 12 inch, 20 x 30 cm, baking tin). Press down with a fork.
- When the mixture is completely cool, cover with cling film and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- When the cake has set firm, cut it into squares, which should then be returned to the fridge.