Chinese-Style Glazed Chicken Breasts2012-11-30
Make a super-quick glaze for chicken breasts using on-hand pantry items: hoisin sauce, fruit spread and chicken broth. Steam quick-cooking rice and a green veggie in the microwave to round out the meal.
- 1/4 cupÂ fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoonsÂ hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoonÂ apricot preserves or fruit spread
- 4Â (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoonÂ salt
- 1/8 teaspoonÂ black pepper
- 1 tablespoonÂ vegetable oil
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and sautĂ© for 3 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from pan. Reduce heat; carefully stir in broth mixture. Return chicken to pan; cook 3 minutes or until done, turning to coat.