Chocolate Fudge Pie2013-01-24
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 4:0 h
- Basic Flaky Pie crust or 1 store-bought pie crust, fitted into a 9-inch pie plate
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped, plus more shaved for topping
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Heat oven to 375º F. Place the pie plate on a baking sheet. Prick crust with a fork and line with foil. Fill to top with pie weights or dried beans. Bake until the edges are firm, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove the foil and weights and bake until just golden, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325º F. In a heatproof bowl set over (not in) a saucepan of simmering water, melt the chocolate and butter.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs, salt, and ½ cup of the sugar until fluffy, 4 to 5 minutes. Fold a third of the egg mixture into the chocolate mixture, then fold in the remainder.
- Pour the combined mixture into the crust and bake until puffed and beginning to crack, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool for 1 hour, then chill.
- Beat the cream with the remaining sugar until soft peaks form. Spread over the pie and sprinkle with the shaved chocolate.