Chocolate Orange Sponge Drops2011-08-29
- Skill Level: Medium
These are some lovely chocolate orange sponge drops. Light and crispy, with a zesty marmalade filling, these sponge drops are truly delightful. This recipe has been submitted to us by Avi. Enjoy making this recipe, follow the simple steps below:
- 2 – Eggs.
- 1/4 Cup (50 gms) – Caster sugar. (Superfine)
- 1/2 Tsp (2.5ml) – Grated Orange rind.
- 1/2 Cup (50 gms) – All-purpose flour (Home-baking flour)
- 4 Tbsp (60ml) – Orange Marmalade.
- 1 1/2oz (40 gms) – Plain Chocolate (Melted)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Line three baking sheets with baking parchment.
- Put the eggs and sugar in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Whisk until thick and pale. Remove from the pan and whisk until cool. Whisk in the orange rind. Sift the flour over and fold it in gently.
- Put 28-30 dessertspoonfuls of the mixture on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 minutes, until golden. Cool slightly, then transfer to a wire rack.
- Sandwich pairs together with marmalade.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the drops.
There’s a picture of them in the first cakes and bakes album. The one with 200 photos.