Coriander-Rubbed Steaks with Sautéed Red Onions and Watercress2013-06-08
This delicious steak recipe can be done entirely on the barbie.
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 sirloin steaks
- 2tbsp coriander seeds, toasted and crushed in a pestle and mortar
- large handful watercress
- lime wedges, for squeezing
- Using a double sheet of tinfoil, make a small tray to sit on top of the barbecue, and place the onion in this with a drizzle of oil and some seasoning. Allow to cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until the onions have started to caramelise.
- Meanwhile, oil and season the steaks, and coat with the ground coriander seeds. Barbecue for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, depending on thickness, which will give you medium-rare. Leave to rest for a few minutes before serving with the watercress, onions and lime wedges.