Crispy Honey-Mustard Pork Chops2013-06-18
Use ingredients you have on hand for the easy marinade that makes these panko-crusted pork chops truly delicious. Serve with our simple Sauteed Beet Greens for a complete dinner.
- 4 pork chops, 1/2-inch thick (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoonÂ salt
- 1/4 teaspoonÂ freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cupÂ honey
- 1/4 cupÂ stone-ground mustard
- 2 tablespoonsÂ panko (Japanese-style bread crumbs)
- 2 teaspoonsÂ chopped fresh marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoonÂ onion powder
- 1/4 cupÂ extra-virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Trim fat from chops; season with salt and pepper, then set aside. In a shallow dish combine honey and mustard. In a small bowl combine bread crumbs, 1 tsp. of the marjoram, and the onion powder; set aside.
2. Dip chops in honey mixture to coat, letting excess drip off. Place chops on a parchment-lined plate. Place in refrigerator to marinate for 5 minutes.
3. Heat a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Swirl in olive oil. (If the skillet isnt large enough to hold four pork chops without crowding, cook in two batches). Cook chops in hot oil for 3 minutes, until undersides are crisp and browned. Turn chops; cook 3 minutes.
4. Transfer to an oven-safe platter. Sprinkle chops with bread crumb mixture. Bake chops for 8 to 9 minutes, until crumbs begin to brown. Sprinkle with remaining marjoram. Serve chops with Sweet Beet Chutney.