Crispy Oven-Roasted Chicken with Roasted Garlic, Pancetta, and Rosemary2013-02-05
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
Crispy chicken goes perfectly with smoky bacon and the earthly flavors of roasted garlic and rosemary.
- 6 boneless, skin-on chicken-breast halves
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound(s) pancetta or slab bacon, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 15 clove(s) garlic
- Canola oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh rosemary, chopped, plus sprigs for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Rinse chicken, and pat dry. Salt and pepper each piece. Set aside.
- In a medium ovenproof skillet over medium heat, cook the pancetta until crispy, about 6 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon, and set aside. Drain off all but 1 tablespoon of the fat. Add the olive oil and garlic. Cook until the cloves are golden, then bake in the oven until the cloves are soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Carefully remove the pan from the oven, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large ovenproof skillet, heat 1 inch of canola oil over high heat until very hot but not smoking. Carefully place the chicken skin-side down in the hot oil. Let cook 3 to 4 minutes to start crisping the skin. Do not turn. Carefully transfer the pan to the oven, and bake until the chicken is cooked through, 7 to 8 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, and plate.