Croissant and Chocolate Bread Pudding2013-01-24
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 50m
- Unsalted butter for the baking dish
- 6 large egg yolks
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 croissants, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1 pound)
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, cut into chunks
- Heat oven to 375° F. Butter an 8-inch square or other shallow 2-quart baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, milk, cream, sugar, vanilla, salt, and nutmeg. Add the croissants and chocolate and mix to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and bake until set and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.