Croissant and Chocolate Bread Pudding2013-01-24
- Unsalted butter for the baking dish
- 6Â largeÂ egg yolks
- 2Â cupsÂ whole milk
- 1Â cupÂ heavy cream
- 1Â cupÂ granulated sugar
- 1Â teaspoonÂ pure vanilla extract
- 1/2Â teaspoonÂ kosher salt
- 1/2Â teaspoonÂ ground nutmeg
- 6Â croissants, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1 pound)
- 4Â ouncesÂ bittersweet chocolate, cut into chunks
- Heat oven to 375Â° F. Butter an 8-inch square or other shallow 2-quart baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, milk, cream, sugar, vanilla, salt, and nutmeg. Add the croissants and chocolate and mix to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and bake until set and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.