Crunchy Pan-Fried Chicken2012-11-29
A mix of cornmeal and breadcrumbs gives this fried chicken recipe a crisp bite while keeping the inside of the meat juicy.
- 1/2 cup self-rising cornmeal mix
- 1/2 cup seasoned fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a shallow dish. Dip chicken in egg, and dredge in cornmeal mixture.
- Cook chicken in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until done.