This is an awesome Kenyan delicacy that is eaten almost every day in many of the houses. This is also a very simple and delicious meal to make for the whole family. Enjoy
- cupful mung beans
- cupfuls milk
- medium sized onions
- spoonfuls ghee or butter
- 1/2 cupful cooking oil
- salt and curry powder to taste
- Clean and wash mung beans. Place in pot, cover with water and boil until very tender.
- If more water needed, add only boiling water. Remove from heat and beat until smooth.
- It will turn into a paste. Put mung bean paste into a bowl and heat cooking oil in same pot.
- Clean and dice onions. Add onion to oil and fry until cooked and nicely brown.
- Return the mung bean paste to the pot and mix with onion.
- Add curry powder, salt and milk and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add butter or ghee and simmer for another 5 minutes.
Inspired by Makeaworldofdifference