- Skill Level: Difficult
Yes you read right! Lasagna for dessert! Use whatever fruits you enjoy for a truly delicious dessert.
- 12 pieces sheets of lasagne pasta)
- 4 cups ricotta cheese (can use un-flavoured cream cheese if unavailable)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups strawberries – sliced
- 4 cups mango slices
- 1/2 cup chopped unsalted cashew (toasted)
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Rinse, drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the ricotta cheese and 1/2 cup sugar. Set aside.
- In the processor, puree half the strawberries with 2 tablespoons sugar. Strain the puree into a bowl and set it aside. Rinse the processor bowl.
- In the processor, puree half the mangoes with 2 tablespoons sugar. Strain the puree and set it aside.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of each of the purees to use as a garnish when serving
- To assemble the lasagne, first cover the bottom of a 9-inch-by-13-inch glass baking pan with 3 pieces of pasta.
- Spoon 1/3 of the ricotta mix on top and spread it evenly.
- Pour the mango puree over the cheese and arrange ¼ of the mango slices on the puree.
- Lay on 3 more pieces of pasta and cover with 1/2 the remaining cheese.
- Pour the strawberry puree over the cheese and sprinkle with sliced strawberries.
- Lay on 3 more pieces of pasta and cover with the remaining cheese.
- Top with a final layer of pasta.
- Cover tightly with plastic and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, sprinkle the lasagne with the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, the desiccated coconut and with the toasted cashews.
- Cut into 8 rectangles and use a spatula to set the pieces on dessert plates. Serve with some of the strawberry and mango puree.