Easter Rocky Road2013-03-16
Celebrate Easter with mouthwatering rocky road for family and loved-ones.
- 400g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/4 x 250g packets assorted chocolate mini Easter eggs
- 100g packet mini marshmallows
- 2/3 cup (100g) pistachio kernels or almonds toasted
- 1 1/4 cups (150g) dried cranberries
- 10 sponge finger biscuits, chopped
Grease a 6cm-deep, 20cm (base) square cake pan. Line base and sides of pan with baking paper, allowing 2cm overhang on all sides.
Place chocolate in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high (100%) for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds with a metal spoon, or until smooth. Set aside to cool for 20 minutes.
Place marshmallows, pistachios, cranberries, biscuits and half the eggs in a bowl. Add chocolate. Stir gently to combine. Spoon mixture into prepared pan. Press with the back of a spoon to level. Lightly press remaining eggs into top. Cover. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight, if time permits, or until set.
Remove rocky road from pan. Cut into 25 pieces. Serve.