Eggplant and Potato Curry2013-01-28
This rich and hearty vegetarian curry is full of flavour and good for you too.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons black mustard seeds
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 750g desiree potatoes, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 x 410g cans chopped tomatoes with curry spices
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- steamed basmati rice, extra coriander leaves, plain Greek-style yoghurt and pappadums, to serve
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add mustard seeds. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until seeds start to pop. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add potato, tomatoes and 1/2 cup cold water. Stir to combine. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add eggplant and stir to combine. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 to 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in coriander. Spoon rice into bowls. Top with curry. Sprinkle with extra coriander. Serve with yoghurt and pappadums.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe