Flat Bread with Roasted Peppers and Mushrooms2012-08-22
Freshly made dough smeared with sauce and topped with bell peppers, mushrooms and cheese, baked crisp.
For the Dough:
- 250 gms flour
- 10 gms yeast
- 5 gms sugar
- 5 gms salt
- Pepper to taste
- Water to mix
- 25 ml olive oil
For the topping:
- 2 roasted bell peppers (red and yellow)
- 150 gms sliced mushrooms
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- Few leaves oregano
- 2-3 basil leaves
- In a bowl sift the flour, add salt and pepper.
- Dissolve the yeast in water with sugar, salt.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Add the olive oil and knead to soft dough.
- Rest the dough covered in a warm place and let it rise to almost double in size.
- Knock back the dough and on a floured surface roll out into a thin rectangle or any shape you like.
- Trim to shape.
- Marinate the bell peppers in olive oil, chilli flakes basil and oregano and set aside.
- In a very hot pan sauté the mushrooms for the topping.
For the spread:
- Blend a few tomatoes, garlic cloves, basil, salt and pepper in a mixer into a nice thick paste.
- Shape the dough into a thin rectangle and dust it with the flour.
- Spread the tomato sauce on the bread and top it up with the marinated bell peppers and
- sauté mushrooms.
- Sprinkle some parmesan cheese and drizzle some olive oil.
- Bake it in a preheated oven at 220 c for 12-15 minutes.
- Garnish it with some grated parmesan, olive oil and basil.
- Serve hot.