Ginger Pineapple Punch2013-01-25
This cooler gets a double dose of ginger from grated fresh ginger as well as ginger ale.
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 1 liter bottle ginger ale, chilled
Ice cubes (see below for a tip)
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
1. In a large pitcher, combine orange juice, pineapple juice, and ginger. Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours. Strain mixture; discard ginger and pulp. Slowly pour ginger ale into juice mixture. Serve over ice in chilled glasses. Garnish with orange slices.
- Dress up the punch with citrus ice cubes. To make these decorative cubes, fill the compartments of an ice-cube tray with lime, lemon, and/or orange slices (halve or quarter slices to fit). Fill with water. Freeze until firm.