Glazed Cheese Croissants2013-03-07
- Yield : 8
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup small-curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled), plus more for rolling dough
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Sugar Glaze (see below)
- In a medium bowl, combine butter, cottage cheese, flour, and salt. Shape into a disk, and wrap in plastic; refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. On a well-floured surface, roll dough out to a 14-inch circle. Cut circle evenly into 8 triangles. Roll each triangle up, from wide end to tip, turning ends of roll in to form a crescent shape. Place croissants 3 inches apart on a rimmed baking sheet (to catch any drips); bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.Transfer to wire rack. Cool 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make Sugar Glaze: In a glass measuring cup, add 2 teaspoons milk by 1/2 teaspoonfuls to 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar, stirring until glaze is of a drizzling consistency. It should be thin enough to pour while still thick enough to coat croissants. Drizzle over croissants. Serve warm, or let cool to room temperature. Store at room temperature in an airtight container, up to 2 days.