Green Chile Deviled2013-05-30
Hard-boiled egg yolks are mashed with Hatch green chiles, lime juice, mayonnaise, and cilantro, then scooped into the hard-boiled egg whites and topped with salsa.
- 12 eggs
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons chopped green chiles
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Corn salsa for garnish (recipe below)
- Hard-boil the eggs; cool, peel, and halve them; and carefully remove the yolks. Reserve the whites.
- Combine the egg yolks, mayonnaise, mustard, chiles, lime juice, and cilantro in a medium, nonreactive bowl. Season well with salt and pepper, then mix well until the yolks are broken up and the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Evenly pipe or spoon the yolk mixture into the reserved egg white halves. As desired, top with corn salsa.
- 125g canned sweet corn kernels, drained
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- 1 fresh red chilli, chopped
To make salsa, combine avocado, sweet corn, spring onions, tomato, lime or lemon juice and chilli in a bowl.