Green Vegetable Stir-Fry2013-01-13
Try this quick stir-fry, packed full of vitamin-rich vegetables and extremely low in fat. It’s ready in just 25 minutes and, with a hint of Thai flavour, it’s also delicious, making healthy eating a whole lot more enjoyable.
- 2tbsp peanut oil
- 1 long red chilli, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1tsp grated fresh ginger
- 200g (6Â½oz) mange tout of sugar snap peas, trimmed
- Â½ cup peas, thawed if frozen
- 2-3 heads broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 bok choy, trimmed and cut into thin wedges
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- The juice of 1 lime
- 1-2tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 1tbsp soy sauce
- Â¼ cup coriander leaves, to serve
- Heat a large wok over a high heat. When the wok is very hot, add the oil, then the chilli, garlic and ginger, and stir-fry for about 30 minutes. Add the mange tout and peas, and stir for 2-3 minutes, or until just tender. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add extra oil if needed, then add the broccoli, bok choy and spring onions. Cook over a high heat, stirring continuously for 4-5 minutes, or until soft and slightly coloured.
- Return the mange tout and peas to the wok and stir until heated through. Add the lime juice, Thai fish sauce and soy sauce and fry until everything is hot.
- Season to taste. Remember the soy sauce is salty. Remove from the heat and stir through the coriander leaves.