Griddled Chicken Salad with Courgettes and Cannellini Beans2013-06-07
Looking for a new chicken recipe? This easy salad is oh so tasty
- 2 free-range chicken breasts, cut lengthways into thin strips
- 1 bunch fresh oregano, leaves removed and roughly chopped
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon, sliced, plus juice ½ lemon
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 3 large courgettes, cut lengthways into very thin strips
- 200g (7oz) green beans, trimmed, then blanched and cooled
- 1 x 400g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- Place the chicken strips in a non-metallic bowl with half the oregano, 4 of the garlic cloves, the sliced lemon and 3 tablespoons of the olive oil. Cover, chill and marinate for at least 2 hours, or preferably overnight.
- Make the dressing by mixing together the remaining oregano leaves, crushed garlic clove, lemon juice and olive oil. Season and set aside. Heat a griddle pan, oil and season the courgette slices, and griddle in batches until they are soft and tender. Set aside.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, season and griddle in batches, until the chicken is cooked through. Place in a serving bowl with the courgettes, green beans and cannellini beans, and drizzle with the dressing. Serve with crusty seeded bread. This salad will keep in the fridge for 4 hours without going soggy.