Grilled Asian Drumsticks2012-11-29
Balsamic vinegar adds a tangy flavor, while honey supplements sweetness to this oriental dish. If you can’t find fresh ground chili paste, substitute with a hot pepper sauce such as Tabasco mixed with a pinch of garlic powder.
- 8 chicken drumsticks (about 2 pounds), skinned
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek (ground fresh chili paste)
- Preheat grill.
- Coat chicken and grill rack with cooking spray. Grill chicken 20 minutes or until done, turning once.
- While chicken grills, combine vinegar and remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan, stirring with a whisk. Bring to a boil; cook 4 minutes or until reduced to 1/3 cup.
- Transfer chicken to a large bowl or pan. Pour sauce over chicken, turning to coat.