Grilled Asparagus Spears with Bacon2012-08-16
Asparagus grilled with bacon
- 1.1kg (2½) thick asparagus
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 300g rindless smoked streaky bacon (see tip)
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) olive oil
- Snipped chives & herb mayonnaise to serve
- Trim the asparagus, and then cook in boiling salted water for 1minute. Drain and plunge into cold water.
- Wrap a single bacon rasher around the middle of each asparagus spear, starting about 2.5cm (1inch) from the tip.
- Place asparagus on a grill pan; brush with oil and season with pepper. Cook turning for 6minutes or until bacon is crisp and asparagus is tender. Sprinkle with chives and serve with an herb mayonnaise.
Tip: Thin bacon rashers are best for this recipe. If rashers are thick, lay them on a chopping board and run the back of a knife over to stretch them.