Grilled Chicken and Pineapple Sandwiches2012-11-30
A fresh new twist on the grilled chicken sandwich, this recipe substitutes the traditional lettuce leaf with a fresh sprig of basil and then adds a slice of juicy pineapple. Add a splash of lime juice and you have a sandwich that practically bursts with tropical flavor.
- 4Â (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoonÂ salt
- 1/4 teaspoonÂ freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cupÂ fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 4Â (1/2-inch-thick) slices fresh pineapple
- 4Â (1.5-ounce) whole wheat hamburger buns, toasted
- Light mayonnaise (optional)
- 4Â large basil leaves
- Prepare grill.
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until done, brushing occasionally with lime juice. Grill pineapple 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Spread mayonnaise on bottom halves of buns, if desired. Top each with 1 chicken breast half, 1 pineapple slice, 1 basil leaf, and 1 bun top. Serve immediately.