Grilled Chicken With Corn and Slaw2013-05-18
For a complete meal ready in 30 minutes, grill corn and chicken breasts brushed with a simple mayonnaise-based spread. While the corn and chicken cook, mix a simple oil-and-vinegar dressing with coleslaw mix. Viola, supper!
Bonus meal: Dice leftover grilled chicken, and then combine with leftover slaw for a tasty lunch.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 tablespoons white wine vinegar, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breasts (about 1 lb.)
- 4 ears fresh corn, husks removed
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 (10-oz.) package shredded coleslaw mix
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Combine mayonnaise, cilantro, 3 Tbsp. vinegar, 1/4 tsp. salt, and 1/8 tsp. pepper in a small bowl. Reserve 3/4 cup mayonnaise mixture. Brush chicken with remaining 1/4 cup mayonnaise mixture.
2. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Grill chicken and corn at the same time, covered with grill lid. Grill chicken 7 to 10 minutes on each side or until done; grill corn 14 to 20 minutes or until done, turning every 4 to 5 minutes and basting with melted butter.
3. Toss coleslaw mix with oil, sugar, 1/4 tsp. pepper, and remaining 3 Tbsp. vinegar and 1/2 tsp. salt. Season chicken and corn with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with coleslaw and reserved mayonnaise mixture.