Grilled Eggplant and Roasted Red Pepper Sandwich with Halloumi2013-01-06
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 8 slices bread
- 8 ounces halloumi, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 roasted red peppers, cut into 4 slices
- 2 cups salad greens
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 4 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- Lightly brush the eggplant and bread with oil and season the eggplant with salt and pepper.
- Grill the eggplant over medium high heat until tender, about 2-4 minutes per side.
- Lightly grill the bread and haloumi on both sides and then hit the halloumi with the lemon juice.
- Assemble the sandwiches and enjoy!