Grilled Lamb with Minty Dressing2012-07-07
- Skill Level: Medium
Nobody wants to spend hours in the kitchen when the sun is shining — but fast food doesn’t have to be junk food. Our quick quick-cook recipes are healthy and delicious
- 600g lean lamb, cut into large cubes (lamb can be substituted with lean beef cubes)
- A little olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large baguette
- 1 packet lamb’s lettuce or other salad leaves
For the minty dressing:
- About 30g fresh mint, stalks removed
- About 15g fresh parsley, stalks removed
- 1 tablespoon coarse-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4-5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 metal or bamboo skewers
- Heat the grill to its highest setting.
- Coat the cubes of meat in a little olive oil and season well. Thread 3-4 pieces onto each skewer and grill them for about 4-5 minutes on each side.
To make the minty dressing:
- Put all the dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender and whizz them together.
- Cut the baguette into 4 equal pieces, and then split each lengthways. Spread a little of the minty dressing inside the bread, then fill with lettuce leaves and the hot grilled lamb.