Grilled Tandoori Chicken2013-01-06
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 lemon (juice)
1/2 small onion (grated)
1 tablespoon garlic (grated)
1 tablespoon ginger (grated)
1 tablespoon garam masala
1 tablespoon paprika (I used hot smoked)
1 teaspoon cumin (toasted and ground)
1 teaspoon coriander (toasted and ground)
1/2 teaspoon ceyenne pepper (or to taste)
salt to taste
1 pound chicken (boneless and skinless, but into 1 inch pieces)
1. Mix all of the ingredients save the chicken.
2. Place the chicken in a freezer bag along with the marinade and marinate in the fridge for at least an hour, preferably several hours to overnight.
3. Pull the chicken from the fridge and let it come to room temperature.
3. Remove the chicken from the marinade and skewer it.
4. Grill the chicken until cooked, about 3-5 minutes per side.