Homemade Fish Finger Sandwich with Tartare Sauce2013-06-07
- Cuisine: Continental, Kids & Babies
- Course: Burgers and Sandwiches, Main Course, Snacks
- Skill Level: Easy
It’s easy to make your own fish fingers and tartare sauce when you know how!
- 125g (4½oz) Parmesan, grated
- 85g (3½oz) breadcrumbs
- 60g (2½oz) plain flour, well seasoned
- 2 large free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- 600g (1lb 5oz) fish fillet, cut into finger-sized pieces
- 2-3 ciabatta rolls, halved and toasted
- homemade tartare sauce (see recipe below) lettuce, gherkins and lemon, to serve
- Mix the Parmesan and breadcrumbs and put in a shallow bowl. Put the flour in another bowl and the eggs in another. Sprinkle salt over the fish then dip in the flour, then the egg, then the breadcrumbs, shaking off the excess as you go.
- Heat a frying pan with a generous amount of sunflower oil and fry the fish fingers for 2 to 3 minutes. If freezing, fry for 1 minute, cool, freeze and reheat in a 200 C, 180 C fan, 400 F, gas 6 oven for 10 minutes.
- Spread each ciabatta half with tartare sauce. Top with lettuce and fish fingers; serve with gherkins and lemon wedges.
- To make your own tartare sauce mix a good-quality mayonnaise with a little Dijon mustard, lemon juice, chopped parsley, drained and rinsed capers and chopped gherkins.
Make your own tartare sauce Mix a good-quality mayonnaise with a little Dijon mustard, lemon juice, chopped parsley, drained and rinsed capers and chopped gherkins.