Honey Sesame Pork Ribs2013-03-10
- Servings : 4-6
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 0m
Yummy tender ribs! This marinade also goes well with chicken or other cuts of pork. Prep time does not include marinating time.
1/2 cup ketjap manis (a thick sweet soy sauce)
2 teaspoons sesame oil
2 star anise
1 tablespoon sesame seed, toasted
2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
1 clove crushed garlic
4 pork spare rib racks (1.5kg)
- Combine all the ingredients (except ribs) in a bowl.
- Pour 2/3 into a large shallow dish or zip-lock bag with the ribs.
- Refrigerate remaining marinade until needed for basting.
- Marinate for 3 hours or overnight, turning meat occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 140-160°C.
- Remove the meat from marinade and discard marinade.
- Line two baking dishes with foil (prevents marinade from burning onto dishes, making clean-up a lot easier).
- Place a wire rack (such as a cake cooling rack) into each dish.
- Place the ribs in a single layer on racks.
- Roast for about 45 minutes, turning halfway and basting with remaining marinade until ribs are well browned and cooked through.